Sunday, July 21, 2013

Trip to Napa: Part 1

Last weekend Mike and I jetted off to SFO for an amazing weekend filled with friends, family, and a wedding between two incredible friends of ours. We did SO much in the five days we were there so I am going to break it down into a few separate posts. 

The trip started out at 4 am. Waking up before the sun to head to the airport to catch our 8 am flight to San Fran. Big surprise, we were delayed two hours so naturally we headed to the airport bar for breakfast.


We landed in SFO and headed up to meet Mike's sister who works in the city. While she finished her work day we galavanted around San Fran for a few hours. First stop...Tartine Bakery.






I had been looking forward to visiting Tartine for what seems like...ever. I was so excited but to be honest, I was pretty underwhelmed when we arrived. Yes, everything was good but it was not as great I expected. The rude girl who helped us didn't add to the experience. I will say that we did not get to try the bread (we were too early, it comes out at 4:30pm) so that might be their saving grace. Nevertheless, I was glad we went.

After that we headed to the pier building to check out the shops and walk along the water. It was beautiful and I definitely wish we had more time in the city. Some other time...




We headed to Mountain View to Mike's sister Kris and her boyfriend Mike's home where we were happily reunited with these little French faces. Shuug and Penny! 



We got to see the cute little town they live in and have dinner in their downtown. In the morning Mike and I went on a bike ride to check out the Google Campus and then we headed up to Napa.

We had an amazing lunch at Tra Vinge where they had house pulled mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes to die for. Then we had a really interesting tour at the Raymond vineyard. They are complete biodynamic and self sustainable. It was so interesting and beautiful, plus the wines were fabulous. I highly recommend checking them out if you are in the area.





After that, it was wedding time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back on blogging!!! Can't wait to read the rest of the wedding posts!

    ReplyDelete