Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Too much fun to pass up - Greek life flashback

Some fun girls in the blog world have made a link up for today talking about an experience you had being in the sorority/fraternity world and after reading some of their posts I decided I just had to join in.


As most of you probably already know, reminiscing about college is nothing but fun. Truly the best four years...ever! I loved my college experience and a lot of that had to do with Gamma Phi Beta. *Beta Lambda*

 ^our last formal together - i love my fall05^
 ^presenting our new baby members^
^ freshman year awkwardness 

I came SO close to ditching recruitment and saying I wasn't interested in Greek life but thanks to my persistent recruitment director, I showed up and a week later I was standing there on bid day with 55 new girls I had never met before plus the existing 100+ older girls...intimidating to say the least.



 ^my little sis and best friend^
 ^fall '05's finally being at the top - seniors!^
^these girls will forever be a part of my most cherished memories ^

Despite all the negative views people have regarding the Greek system, I can honestly say it was one of the best things I've ever done. Not only did I have a blast at all the events, formals, rush week, big sis/litte sis, etc. but it gave me life long friends that give my life such meaning and it also taught me a lot about dealing with people, being able to talk to anyone (pocket questions?), enduring crowds, time management, friendship, trust, dedication and commitment. I would not trade Gamma Phi, the memories or the people that have come into my life through the Greek system for anything.

PS- looking through all these old photos makes me miss it even more!! ah! <3

5 comments:

  1. Aw yay!!! Thanks for linking up love!! I was a gamma phi too!!!! I went to sdsu too for a little!!! Small world! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eff the stereotypes! We all show how awesome sorority girls are through this link up! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Gamma Phi Beta!! So glad you linked up! I love the pocket questions!! haha

    Love in IIKE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and you!! Miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall '05 is one of the best group of girls Gamma Phi as ever seen!!!

    ReplyDelete